Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's Official!

On the 16th of November I walked across the stage in Chisinau,
shook hands with the Country Director and the Ambassador, took the oath of service and I'm officially now a Peace Corps Volunteer. (as opposed to a PCT - Trainee!!) the distinction is foarte important!








It was a pretty uneventful ceremony,
other than our traditional hora dance of course...that we'd been practicing for a month. It didn't look good at dress rehearsal, but when the show began, we danced splendidly and had a blast doing so!!














Here is the Millesti Mici gang posing one more time before we split into all areas of the country to start our service.
Sharon, Chris, Me, Vanny, Drea, Becca and Angela..



After a nice reception, I have a very tearful good bye with my family but we remind each other that Viata Merge Inainte! (Life moves forward)! I've been invited to spend Christmas with them in Millesti Mici and I plan to do that! Below is Rodica, Stefan, Me, Elena and Sergiu.
Within minutes I am on my way with my new family to Stefan Voda! VIATA MERGE INAINTE!



Add Image

No comments: